Sunday, May 08, 2005

My Guitars

Frankenbass: Being re-built. It needs a new pickgard, and the electronics need to be re-wired. Other than that, it still plays. This was used mostly during the Black Cats & Bottle Rockets days, and in the begining of W.Breakneck. Lots of fake blood was just recently cleaned off from a Kiss tribute show at Wills on Mills six or more years ago. Dale filled in for me because I was out of town. He was Gene... I used this one when we played the side stage at Lollapalooza 1992. We played with the Genitortures and a bunch of other acts that I cant remember. One of the guys in the Genitorturers was arrested after the show for indecent exposure. He was getting soemthing pierced. YOWCH! Fond memories. I think that was the last Lollapalooza in Orlando, but I may be wrong.

Yamaha Acoustic: I didnt have an acoustic so I took a ride up to Sam Ash on Lee rd, and picked this one up. Played better than all the others in that price range. It sounds great, plays nice, but the intonation is a little off. Not too bad.

Squier Strat: This is a great guitar. In my opinion, it plays just like the real thing. I think that they may have made them better in the early 80's. I got this off of a friend of mine. I traded a Fretless Carvin for it. I think I got the better deal. My Dog Cleo took a nice little bite out of the headstock, I could have killed her, but it doesnt sound any worse from it.

Musicman Stingray Bass: Got this one when Frakenbass started taking a shit. I really needed something that was reliable. We (W.Breakneck) were playing as many as 4 nights a week out sometimes, with some pretty decent shows. So I went to the guitar store and played everything you can think of, and ended up with this one. I wanted a black one, but they didn’t have one in stock, so I went with the red one since I couldn’t wait for them to ship me a black one. It's been pretty good to me so far, a few minor issues with the input jack. But nothing major.

'78 Rickenbacker Bass: What a deal! Got this one off EBay for $690.00. I always wanted one of these, growing up I used to idolize Getty Lee and Chris Squire, though Geezer was my favorite. The tone is like no other, very easy to play. The only problem is the binding on the body, it cuts into your arm, that sounds worse than it actually is. I haven't gotten the opportunity to play this one on stage yet. Soon though if we get our act together. We will.

No comments: