Friday, May 27, 2005

Band and drinking practice last night

Can’t find Busch Light in cans anywhere!!! What the hell is up with that? And the 7-11 by my house doesn’t sell Busch Light at all anymore. I had to drink Bud Light last night instead.

Anyway, kick ass practice last night! Eric showed up with his new baby, a black 2003 Les Pal Standard. Good thing it sounds awesome, it got him into some hot water with the Wife, she didn’t talk to him for a week…She just doesn’t understand, $1300 is a fuckin steal… It has a ding on the body, there’s no reason to fix it, I think it kind of gives it character.

We started off with a few covers, then worked on one of the untitled new songs. I really like what we did with it, it seemed like it was going nowhere until last night. We changed the verse to make it less busy, and added a long jam at the end for Eric to solo over. Bryan and I did some really cool off-beat (Drums and Bass) crazy stuff to it. Thankfully, I had the 8 track recorder with me, and was able to record everything we did. I can’t wait to listen to it. I have to figure out a way to get this stuff off the recorder and on the computer so I can burn it.

Another cool thing that happened was that Roger from the other band (Suburban Lockdown) threw out the other two bands that practice there. So now we SHOULD have plenty of room, it’s so tight in there now, you can barley move without knocking something over. Rent is going up $10 a month per person, but it’s worth it.

No comments: