Tuesday, November 15, 2005

De-Loused in the Comatorium



Eric made me a copy of this last week, I haven't stopped listening to it since.(I will buy this one) This is an amazing record, as good as Frances the Mute... Flea on Bass is a bonus... The music is pretty complicated, but still has emotion, not just a bunch of robots or mindless showoffs. They play with lots of soul. This is modern day Progressive Rock at its best. You can hear Yes, crimson, Pink Floyd(sound effects), Rush, Santana, Zep... But they definitely have their own style that sets them apart.

Also been listening to the Cream BBC sessions. We're going to do a cover of Outside Woman Blues. Cant wait to jam on that. We'll surely try to add our own touch... Man, these guy really knew how to jam. I'm really impressed with the performances on this CD. Jack Bruce rules! The announcer on the CD is pretty funny: Now get ready all you crazy groovy cats out there... It's THE CREAM!!

Band update: Been working hard at getting songs written. We have 4 done, and at least another 4 in the works. I will be recording us for demo purposes within a couple of weeks. So, I should be able to email the mp3's out to friends or post them here somehow. I would like to see what people think of it. Band name of the week: Heavy High!! Too stoner rock sounding? It's actually a setting on Matt's clothes dryer. He thought it sounded cool. I'm ok with it... I really don't care as long as it's not something completely retarded like W.Breakneck...

No comments: