Saturday, July 09, 2005

The St Bernardus Experience



I figured out why the monk on the bottle looks so happy. HE’S SMASHED OUT OF HIS FUCKING MIND!! This stuff will mess you up for real. There was a review I read somewhere warning you to set a side a few hours if you’re planning on trying this beer. There’s a good reason for that. It really makes you drunk. You’ll end up doing stupid stuff like taking pictures of your beer...

So they say that you should drink it around 52 to 56 degrees. I would say that it was best around 58. When I poured the fist glass, it was around 49, and had a very bitter, alcohol taste to it, but very clean. as it warmed up, the taste was much smoother, and still very clean. I think the clean finish is due to the alcohol content...10% Oh, and The first glass is mostly foam. This happened to Bill also, so I'm assuming that's normal. This beer can also help you get through bad movies, and actually enjoy them. Johnny English was hysterical!! I laughed my ass off!!

I would give it an 8 out of 10. It’s a great experience.

No comments: