Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Sushi then Batman

Bill, Chris and I are going out after work to dinner, then going to see the new Batman movie. We're still undecided on where to eat, so far Sushi is winning, but due to diets and stuff, we may need to do something else instead. Right now I’m Listening to Gov't Mule – Dose. What a great CD, I think this may be in my top 10 of all time.

While I’m on the subject:

GOV'T MULE @ JONES BEACH PRE-SALE
Gov't Mule will be playing with Trey Anastasio @ Jones Beach on Saturday August 6th. Tickets go on sale through Ticketmaster on Saturday, June 25th, but you can get first shot at great seats on Monday June 20th at 10AM through http://www.muleticketing.musictoday.com

We’re going to be doing a cover of a song off Dose called Larger than Life. Matt really liked this song, and asked that we learn it. Pretty easy song, but fun to play as all of their stuff is. I really want to get these originals down though more than anything.

I sure jump around a lot.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw that show advertised ... I still think Dose is their best album, tho haven't heard their latest w/o Woody ... I will say those are still the 2 LOUDEST SHOWS I EVER HEARD, the two I saw of the Mule (first at Irving Plaza for the "Dose" release, 2nd up at a place in Port Chester ... where we stood all the way in the back and STILL it hurt!).

Anonymous said...

OH, and I downloaded Clutch's "Blast Tyrant" ... another total winner by them (they're actually listed under "grunge" at the iTunes music store, which I suppose isn't far off, if you count that category as part '60s-'70s fuzz rock) ... they actually have a good selection on their ... got Bad Brains' first (they don't have I Against I, unfortunately), plus an early one (1984) from Gun Club, which did a great album I picked up at Waxtree or Murmu called Mother Juno ... another of those TRULY unique bands from the '80s-'90s). Also got the new one from Southern Culture on the Skids, called Mojo Box, and I'll pick up Bleach just 'cause I don't have the CD. Unfortunately, they've only got the partial Suicidal Tendencies classic from '83, but they do have the entire Dry by PJ Harvey ...

jzanko said...

No I Against I, but they have the 1st? Wonder why.

Did they at least include "I saw your mommy" on the Suicidal? The days of browsing through records at Waxtree are done. We're at the mercy of the large corporations now. All in the name of convenience!!

Anonymous said...

They did include "I Saw Your Mommy" ... most of the best of it is there ...

There are still some great shops around ... Virgin actually has a great selection of vinyl, even ... there's this place in Hoboken called Tunes that's really, really good ... and Sound and Fury on the LES near Katz's deli ... it's a shame Waxtree and Murmur aren't there anymore, although I stopped in Rock and Roll Heaven (which has been there officially forever now, in today's terms), and they had a decent selection ... isn't East/West gone, too? Then again, it's much easier to find labels on the Web, like Estrus or Broken Rekids, or Burn Burn Burn (just got the second Hater disc from them) and listen, then grab stuff and support the labels directly.

gg