Thursday, November 25, 2004

Turkey sucks

I’ll never make a Turkey for Thanksgiving again. I'm begining to think that I dont even like Turkey. The white meat is almost always too dry, and there’s not enough dark meat. I tried something different to see if it would make a difference. I brined the Turkey overnight in the refrigerator in salt and brown sugar. I cooked it on the grill as well, not sure if that could make it better or worse. I placed an aluminum try under the grates of the grill. I put a cut up onion, and a couple of cups of water in the pan, then set the Turkey above the try so the juices don’t drip down into the fire. I guess it could have tuned out worse, but I'm going with the honey baked ham next year. I’m thinking about making either Turkey Tetrazzini or cacciatore with the leftovers.

No comments: